Please be aware that the following guidelines apply to requests for document packages:
This request must be requested by the owner-seller or Seller Agent. Signed and faxed copies are acceptable.
The documents will be ready within fourteen (14) calendar days of the date that the request is received. While we will make every attempt to prepare this information promptly, we cannot ensure delivery in less than the 14-day time frame.
Packages can be picked up at the office of Brooks Real Estate, Inc. 4071 Ironbound Road, Suite 200, Williamsburg, VA 23188. Office hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Please call in advance for holiday hours.
The fee for Resale Certificates are:
- $141 for Property Inspection (REQUIRED)
- $211 for two (2) copies of the Resale Certificate in hard copy
- $176 for two (2) copies of the Resale Certificate in electronic form
- $70 for an expedite fee (five (5) business days)
- $35 for an additional hard copy
- Actual Cost for third-party commercial delivery service to hand-deliver or overnight the resale certificate
- $70 for post-closing fee (New home owner’s account set-up fee)
- $70 for pre-settlement updates
- $141 – for additional inspection of the unit if authorized by the declaration.
Resale Certificate Payment Options
Pursuant to § 55.1-2316 (A) of the Virginia Resale Disclosure Act and unless provided otherwise by the association, the appropriate fees shall be paid when the resale certificate, updated resale certificate, or financial update is requested. The seller shall be responsible for all fees associated with the preparation and delivery of the resale certificate, including any fees for inspection of the unit. The requesting party shall pay any fees for the preparation and delivery of the updated resale certificate or financial update.