Looking for Professional Association Management? We have a long history in providing Homeowner Association Management to local neighborhoods and business centers since 1885.
Brooks Real Estate Company has been serving the real estate needs of Hampton Roads for over 135 years. This company is dedicated to strong neighborhood relations through appropriate and responsible management practices.
From providing Property Management services to Colonial Williamsburg for Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, to developing communities and providing ongoing homeowner association management services for rural single family communities to urban multi-family neighborhoods along Hampton Roads we have a focused program that employs the latest technology and proven Property Management processes that allows us to provide management services our homeowner associations and their board of directors with the utmost professionalism and confidence.
We are a member of the Community Association Institute (CAI) for over twenty years, and we were the first company in Virginia to be certified by the Community Common Interest Board (CIC). We are dedicated to the profession of community management, and are relationship based, managing many of our communities for over twenty years.
We take pride in community management and can provide the professional services that any community in Virginia would be proud to have as a business partner in steering through the complex nature of community management, while making it easy for our clients.
– 2021 Recruiter of the Year
– 2018 CAI Committee Volunteer Award
– 2018 CAI Rising Star Award
– 2018 CAI Committee of the Year Award (Programs Committee)
– 2020 CAI Committee of the Year Award (Programs Committee)
Call us today at (757) 229-1507, or send us an email.
ARM®, CPM®, CMCA, AMS®
– 2015 IREM Certified Property Manager of the Year (CPM®)
– 2013 PAC Regional Property Manager of the Year 2011
– IREM Accredited Residential Manager of the Year (ARM®)
– 2004 IREM Accredited Residential Manager of the Year (ARM®)
A monthly bookkeeping service:
- collect dues, fees and rents
- maintain property records
- prepare a monthly financial statement
- balance sheet
- budget comparison
- transaction register
- pay authorized bills
- maintain bank accounts
We are a member of the Community Associations Institute (CAI) and have received the following designations:
- Certified Manager of Community Associations® (CMCA®)
- Association Management Specialist® (AMS®)
Act as liaison between the Owners Association and homeowners:
- in handling concerns in regards to the maintenance of the property
- on-site inspections of the property by Community Manager and/or Field Representative
- support groups, i.e., attorneys, tax consultants, and subcontractors
- negotiating contracted Services
- obtaining competitive bids for services required
- exploring options and alternatives for handling specific situations concerning the property
- budgeting process, short term and long term
Our Philosophy of Management of Community Associations
- The Community Manager should endeavor to assist the Board of Directors of the Association by helping them utilize resources, implementing their decisions, and administering services within the guidelines of the law and the community’s governing documents.
- The Community Manager should serve the Board as a liaison with service providers, attorneys, accountants, and local governments, and providing administrative tools for day to day operations and long range planning.
- Management should be focused on developing leadership within the Board so that the Board can fulfill its primary responsibility to protect, preserve, and maintain the common areas and the value of the community.